Triggers Ignore Bots

Stickeyjam

L2: Junior Member
Jun 2, 2009
I'm setting a room up in my map that will have a bot in it. I need to setup a trigger in this room that keeps the door closed if there is a player touching the trigger. Problem is, the bot will also be touching the trigger. Is there anyway to filter out SteamIDs or names in Hammer, so it can ignore the bot?

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
I'm not positive OnSpawned works this way since I haven't done a bunch with bots, but try this:

On the bot_generator have:
OnSpawned > !activator > AddOutput > targetname imabot

Make a filter_activator_name, set the filter key to imabot and set it to Disallow. Have your trigger use this filter. If it works correctly the bot's player entity should now have a entity name (not in-game name) that lets you ignore it.

Stickeyjam

L2: Junior Member
Jun 2, 2009
I'm adding the bots manually via the console in game, not through Hammer itself (I wasn't aware we could!). I also tried typing bot_generator into the entity and it doesn't list anything.

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Well the only way I can see it working is with map-created bots, you can't tell players apart in any way. So you might want to look into using that. To get the bot entities listed in Hammer you'll need to get my FGD (part of the pack in my sig) since Valve hasn't updated the default one with them yet.

You may also want to look at a decompiled training map to see how the bot entities work.