Triggering a spawn wave

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Is it possible/what would be the command-I/O setup for triggering all players to spawn on a trigger?

IE on capture of a CP.

I'm trying out a new CP setup..

4 CP area's exist (but there could be more or less), and excluding 'rounds' in the process i have gates between each area. Sort of like a combination of CP and TC. The only current draw back between CP area's is that player's that die late during the capturing of the CP have to wait a while to respawn in the new area to defend. This doesn't cause a problem for most classes due to area gates, infact the only class this bothers is the Engineer as it takes him while to build his stuff. So if he has to wait 20 seconds to spawn he only has 20 more to get to his chosen defencive position and setup his stuff. (distances vary compared to standard Valve maps). I do not want to make the whole team wait too long between area's for the sakes of the possibility of an engineer dying late in an area switch.

My current work around for this is a long cap time, so that when players realise that a point is "lost" they can fall back and build up defences in the next area whilst the attackers finish off capping the current CP. Of course this may lead to extended battles over a CP because it takes ages to cap and may keep getting interrupted. IE Stalling for time. There will be a small delay (40 seconds perhaps) between capping the CP and opening of the next gates. Hopefully this will focus the team more per CP assualt and allow for more uber's to be involved in the CP assaults.