"trigger_once" automatically firing outputs even if not touching it?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by MOCOLONI, Jul 19, 2016.

1. MOCOLONI

MOCOLONI L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've been getting some problems related to this brush entity/similar cases where an output is fired without even making it to. In my case, I've put some trigger_once entities and added "OnStartTouch" outputs in them. One of these outputs will disable another trigger. The problem is this: the trigger that is supposed to be disabled by the trigger_once entity is automatically disabled at round start. I've checked that trigger's inputs, and the trigger_once is the only one that disables it. The trigger's default state is set to Not Disabledd.

Wether or not it's a feature, I've never heard of it. I can still solve this bug with some special inputs from other entities, but it shouldn't be happening.

2. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    Can you supply the .vmf of the entity setup?

3. MOCOLONI

Positive Ratings:
    It's a Dodgeball map. It uses the Arena mode so I'm wondering if it has anything to do. How should I send you the file?

4. MOCOLONI

Positive Ratings:
    Nevermind. I will just fix all the bugs in a way they shouldn't be, but it's strange.

5. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    use "developer 2" to see all the inputs and outputs in the console. Load up the map and see what fires automatically.

My suspicion is that the trigger_once isn't set to clients only (in the flags bit)

6. MOCOLONI

Positive Ratings:
    trigger_once is definitely the only entity that disables the other trigger, and has set only "Clients" in the Flags. Though, I can mention that it's filtered by-team but has the "info_teleport_destination" entity touching it (but as said, I've filtered the trigger_once so it can only be triggered by the matching team).