drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
what do you mean by various brushes? is it 2 doors opening like so: <--[] []-->
if so, you need 2 func_door brushes

Dustoxx

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 9, 2009
Have you made a trigger brush to trigger it?

Queops

L2: Junior Member
Apr 30, 2008
Oh sorry.. forgot to explain some context..
The func_door is an elevator.. its working fine, has about 5 brushes tied to a func_door entity. I want it when it reaches a brush based entity trigger_multiple to do some outputs (the trigger_multiple), but it doesn't recognize at all... the brushes that are the func_door of course.

maxtraxv2

L3: Member
Jan 23, 2009
so what ya trying to do is make a real elevator or just a lift the that when it hits the top(or bottum) it opens a door of some sort?

Queops

Apr 30, 2008
24qkbvq.jpg

This is what happens, I want the trigger_multiple to Output something when the func_door touchs it and when it ends touching it. It's that simple. The trigger isn't recognizing the func_door, that's the problem

maxtraxv2

Jan 23, 2009
why not just put an out put on the func?

Last edited:

maxtraxv2

Jan 23, 2009
read my post agen, lol i didnt qutie read what was there

just put the output on the door

Queops

Apr 30, 2008
why not just put an out put on the func?

Because it's an elevator, and geez I want it that way... just tell me how to make a trigger_multiple to recognize a func_door or func_detail or any entity or whatever can be paranted to a func_door.

maxtraxv2

Jan 23, 2009
well i cant tell ya unless you tell me what to want it all to do

what is it that the trigger is pose to do?

TotalMark

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 13, 2008
Can't the func_door output something when it's closed or open? If so try that.

I've tried in the past to get triggers to recognize other brushes but I've never made it work.

Queops

Apr 30, 2008
Can't the func_door output something when it's closed or open? If so try that.

I've tried in the past to get triggers to recognize other brushes but I've never made it work.

Finally!! Thanks alot for understanding my problem. So let's see.

No, it's gotta be this way because the elevator doors must close (by making the door's trigger disable) as soon as the elevator starts going up, not when it arrives up there (which is the open state).

Well any other object that I can parent to the func_door so that trigger recognizes then?

maxtraxv2

Jan 23, 2009
ah i sed that????

so make a new door on it make the trigger close to it then make it like a spawn door
then make a new trigger to disable the door(on the floor of the elevator)
then make func on the elevator disable the trigger to disable the trigger on the floor of the elevator
then it hits the top/bottom

a bit overwhelming but it should lock the door as you enter and stay shut till ya hit the top/bottom

Last edited:

Queops

Apr 30, 2008
Max I didn't get your explanation, but the little I understood doesn't fit for this... It needs to be a trigger with a certain area so that allows a quick swift of closing and opening the doors as soon as the elevator arrives/departs.