trigger_ignite_arrows

Hell-met

L1: Registered
Oct 30, 2010
This is a new brush entity that was added with the christmas update and is currently in cp_degrootkeep.

If huntsman snipers go through it (or look at it?), their arrow becomes ignited

However, using this entity in a custom map doesn't seem to work. I literally copy pasted the brush from degrootkeepr, and passing through doesn't do anything.

Is anyone willing to figure out what's going on? I hope it's not hard-coded in the map or something.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
1. It wasn't added in this patch.

2. AFAIK a Hunstman sniper has to be inside the trigger and looking at the origin to get the arrow to light.

3. I honestly don't understand how this works. I got it to work using ent_fire trigger_ignite_arrows, but then it only ignited three times and wouldn't work when I launched the same map later. When I get more info I'll post about it here.

Hell-met

Oct 30, 2010
more and more people are reporting this issue as medieval maps are made

I don't understand how valve could make this entity work specifically on a single map.

exactly how I still don't understand the way the horsemann is handled on cp_manor_event.

Is it due to us having an unupdated hammer?

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
nope, that hasn't got a thing to do with it.

T

The Asylum

I decompiled degrootkeep, and found that the trigger_ignite_arrows brush doesn't use an ent_fire, but they do have a "???" flag ticked.

I tried copy/pasting one of these triggers from degrootkeep into another map, but when I compiled it, it leaked, despite being completely sealed.

Hurry your shit up, Valve, I need to get me medieval on

SoulSharD

Jul 10, 2011
This is a bit late but I figured it out...

Add origin to the trigger

orgin gives the trigger it's location on the map

Example ( -407 60 80) Totally random :D

Enjoy!