trigger_hurt Ignite and Afterburn?

Prettyman

L1: Registered
Mar 15, 2009
I have a section in a map where if you misstep, it activates a flamethrower. I already have the particle effect and the trigger_hurt in place, but there's one problem; I can't get the trigger_hurt to create an afterburn. The victim will be burning, but they won't receive additional damage.

In short, how do I simulate afterburn? Thanks in advance!

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
yyler is incorrect on that regard. Furnace Creek anyone?

TheAsylum said:
OnTrigger
!activator
igniteplayer

Thats the entity stuff you do to ignite a player. If they die from it, its a really cool death symbol too :D

EDIT: Has to be in a trigger_multiple so just do it there!

Prettyman

Mar 15, 2009
yyler is incorrect on that regard. Furnace Creek anyone?

Thats the entity stuff you do to ignite a player. If they die from it, its a really cool death symbol too :D

EDIT: Has to be in a trigger_multiple so just do it there!

So should I just duplicate my trigger_hurts and make them into trigger_multiples with this I/O setup? Sounds simple enough. Thank you very much!

Prettyman

Mar 15, 2009
Sorry to double-post, but is there a way to change my trigger_hurt's death icon? I like the afterburn one, but when someone stands directly in the flames and dies, their death icon is the generic skull-and-crossbones.

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
The only way you can change it is through the damage type, and unless you want people to be shown that they are killed by sawblade or train by your flamethrower, I'm pretty sure the answer is no for what you want.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
You can send IgnitePlayer through ANY means, not just a trigger_multiple (what are you smoking, TMP?). So you can send it just fine off your trigger_hurt, no need for extra stuff. (trigger_hurt IS a trigger_multiple, for all intents and purposes, it just does additional hurty stuff).

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
You can send IgnitePlayer through ANY means, not just a trigger_multiple (what are you smoking, TMP?). So you can send it just fine off your trigger_hurt, no need for extra stuff. (trigger_hurt IS a trigger_multiple, for all intents and purposes, it just does additional hurty stuff).

Well, I actually have never tested this. I literally just searched ignite player in our search box and rephrased what The Asylum said like a year ago, at least what I read.