trigger_capture_area on Payload

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Руй

L1: Registered
Oct 1, 2016
Is there a way to make working trigger_capture_area on a Payload map?
I want to make a short cut that is activated by capture point (after 10 sec) since i want to give the other team chance to defend this point as well, i managed to make it but only works with CP rules and the cart doesnt work in this case
(basicly something like the MVM doors but i want it as a short cut for the blue)

so i have the car working or the door working but not both, but i want both to work T_T
i am fine with any other alternative just that i couldnt figure out any other

Powerlord

L3: Member
May 8, 2010
As far as I'm aware, you can mix control points and payload. I'm not sure of any specifics for it, though.

Руй

Oct 1, 2016
well i have done simple things but havent played much with the triggers and all those other things, so i am quite new in that area, i will try to figure something, thanks tho

Powerlord

May 8, 2010
When you say the Payload doesn't work, does it not move or what?

I've seen maps that use the Control Points game type have working payload carts on them... cp_helmsdeep for example.

pl_cranetop starts and ends with a standard control point, but all the points in between are captured by a payload cart.

Руй

Oct 1, 2016
When you say the Payload doesn't work, does it not move or what?

I've seen maps that use the Control Points game type have working payload carts on them... cp_helmsdeep for example.

pl_cranetop starts and ends with a standard control point, but all the points in between are captured by a payload cart.

Yep the car doesnt wanna move, thanks for the info of that map, i will check it and decompile it and see what i can learn from it

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
I've seen atleast one map where there is a multistage payload track and in the first stage, after 1st point there is this bridge or something blocked and you need to go up in a tower to cap a control point so the obstacle is moved and you can again push the payload.

Problem was, the CP is never in the HUD so people who do not know what to do, will be confused. Only the payload HUD is visible as far as i remember. So it's possible, but maybe not a good idea.

Powerlord

May 8, 2010
I've seen atleast one map where there is a multistage payload track and in the first stage, after 1st point there is this bridge or something blocked and you need to go up in a tower to cap a control point so the obstacle is moved and you can again push the payload.

Problem was, the CP is never in the HUD so people who do not know what to do, will be confused. Only the payload HUD is visible as far as i remember. So it's possible, but maybe not a good idea.

You can probably trick the team_train_watcher into displaying the control point on it.

Here's what I have in mind for your example

• Set the team_train_watcher's Linked Control Point # / Linked Path Track # to the CP and the path_track the train stops at for the bridge.
  • In the path_track's OnPass:
    • Disable the previous track.
    • Enable the control point's trigger_capture_area.
    • Maybe make a sign pointing towards the now-active control point.
  • When the bridge finishes lowering, enable the next track and get rid of the sign.