Trigger upon team score?

TheFragMan

L1: Registered
Jan 9, 2008
Got a question for you guys. I'm pretty sure this is possible, but I've been trying lots of different entities and can't for the life of me figure out how to do it: Is there a way to set an output to trigger something when a certain team scores in CTF? For example, if Red captures the flag, you can trigger a door to open or close.

DrHaphazard

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 6, 2008
Certainly. Should be quite simple actually.

Flags have an OnCapture output and if you got a door selected for the "Target Entity" theres both an open and a close command for the OnCapture.

Thats the simple way to do a door, you might have a more complex problem though so let us know if you got a specific example.

TheFragMan

L1: Registered
Jan 9, 2008
lol, thanks Doc. I knew it was something simple like that that I completely overlooked. I never even though to look at the flag itself. I'll try that out later tonight.

And yeah, it's more complex than a door opening. I have some trains in the map, and I plan on having it so as the game progresses (the score gets higher with captures), the trains get faster and go by more often, making it more difficult to capture the intel. So I'll try tying the OnCapture output to a math counter that will increase the speed by a set amount each time.

Thanks for the help.

DrHaphazard

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 6, 2008
Was also gonna note that you can have the OnCapture output come from the capture zone also. While I realize youre not actually using a door, but say if you wanted a capture at point A to open door A only and a capture at point B to open B door only, youd need the OnCapture to come from the capture zone isntead of the flag.