Trigger and Mover questions

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Balloonsfor600, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Balloonsfor600

Balloonsfor600 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I am working on a new idea for a ctf map. I figured out how to trigger a pair of movers simultaneously on a flag capture but I was wondering if there was a way to trigger different movers on different captures. I know how to get the triggers to fire only once, but what if I wanted each capture to fired different triggers?

Also, is there a way to randomize the order in which they are triggered? Like group them together and say that after one capture either group a, group b, group c or no triggers at all. Another capture triggers some other group and so on.

Thanks for the help. I am hoping this works out like I want it to.

2. absurdistof

aa absurdistof

Positive Ratings:
    Movers?

3. Balloonsfor600

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry - like rotating doors - geometry that can move. I am using a term from UEd2 I think.

Think of a drawbridge - it rotates up and down. Or a canal lock that moves up and down.

So by mover I mean something like a func_rotating_door or other moving bits of geometry.

4. Washipato

Washipato L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Use a math_counter to count how many times the intel is captured. When it's, add one to the counter and have a "OutValue" output to a logic_case. Make the logic_case fire outputs based on the value of the counter, that is, on how many times the intel was captured.

For example:
    Code:
    MATH_COUNTER

Initial value : 0

"OutValue -> logic_case -> Invalue"

When the intel is captured, add one to this entity

LOGIC_CASE

Case 01 : 1
    Case 02 : 2
    Case 03 : 3

OnCase01 : Trigger group A
    OnCase02 : Trigger group B
    OnCase03 : Trigger group C
    In this way, the first time the intel is captured, the group A will trigger, the second one the group B and finally the group C. Remember to have one set of entities per team. I hope that this will help you.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    If you want it to pick randomly, do a logic_case like washi said, except don't use the math_counter and just send the logic_case a PickRandomShuffle input. That will make it fire a random case output and not repeat the same one until it has done all of them.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Balloonsfor600

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the tips guys. I have never gone beyond geometry and the basic triggers. How does one implement a logic case? Is it a placeable object like env_light or something like that? I have a great knowledge of coding - I just need to know how to bring in the code. Thanks guys!

Nevermind - I got it. Just working out the kinks! Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  7. Balloonsfor600

Positive Ratings:
    Beautiful - got what I wanted working in a prototype. Time to start building my actual geometry since this is going to work. Thanks so much for the help. I figured it was possible, but just needed some direction.