Tremor, another boycott, and a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TremorBoycott

Well, here it is, a mod made by NovaSilisko, already ready to be boycotted!

Why are we boycotting it? He has released nothing over it (We don't know what it is other than maybe like quake), and we don't have any say in how it comes out! Doesn't make much sense? Well he publicly announced the people whom he is testing with!

Evil text in the TF2Maps.net chat said:
NovaSilisko: the testing population is already decided
Saint Jimmy The Conne Manne: D:
supertoaster is credit to team: :O
Chrono | :O: i'll just stick it in my dropbox
Shmitz: vvis took way longer than it normally does
NovaSilisko: me, chrono, nine, DJ, boojum, stone, and shmitz

THAT MAKES NO SENSE AND ONLY MAKES PEOPLE MAD.

AND WE'RE MAD.

AND YOU SHOULD BE MAD TOO.

Boycott it with us!

(Also I decided to publicly forward my gentlemanne's challenge.)

Super Secret Forum post by TMP said:
Ok, I am going to propose a challenge. A... fiscal challenge.

The setup is simple: I will be going to various testing events over the next few months, as I normally do. I play pyro. I normally use flare.

The challenge: Get a reflect flare kill on me with my own flare (Note: Mine, no one elses). This is a 1-time issue, if someone gets it before another, then you do not get it.

The proof needed: At least a screenshot would work best, but you ARE reflectkilling me, so I would take a screenshot as well.

The prize: Renewed 3-month subscription to TF2maps.net, an up-to-$10 game on Steam, bragging rights, and lots of that.

Gentlemen, I wish you godspeed and good luck. The challenge ends on the new year.

Last edited:

JoshuaC

L420: High Member
Sep 2, 2008
huge.15.79946.JPG

PL-7764

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 4, 2009
So you're not going to play a game because, despite an apparent lack of evidence saying you were exclusively entitled to be part of the testing party, you weren't invited to do so.

By that logic, I'm also not going to visit TF2Maps.net anymore because I wasn't invited on as a tester of new site features prior to their site-wide implementation.

I'm also not going to use my computer anymore because I was not invited to privately test it prior to its release onto the market.

I personally have no plans to play whatever the heck it is you're talking about because ... I have no idea what it is, and it's a personal thing of mine to understand something before getting involved. :p

News flash: Things get tested privately before going public. There are only so many people in the world, and chances are you know a few. Sometimes the people picked to test something are people you know. Sometimes those people you know are even the ones creating the thing to be tested, and you still don't get picked while others with more experience regarding the subject matter or inner workings of the thing being tested - or perhaps just friendlier with the creator - do. The solution: deal with it, accept it, grow up a little, move on with your life.

Last edited:

Smetzle

L3: Member
May 20, 2009
I agree, because I, like everyone else in this thread, am being completely serious.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
...After all, this is a serious boycott for serious people who seriously hate Tremor.

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
I see a few people playing this on my friends. Especially today. Of course i have wondered what it was and wanted to no more. I know their is a tremor mod dev steam group.

But i have never once thought about boycotting it because no info yet. hell we dont even no if its multilayer ot single player or anything.

I find this funny actually. I hope no one else joins.

LordNor

L3: Member
Jun 24, 2009
sirius buzness

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
Wow this boycott crap is ridiculous. But i guess i will join because i hate boycotts in general.

how about A boycott all boycots group.

Status
Not open for further replies.