Treatment

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by DrGuppy, Apr 24, 2009.

1. DrGuppy

DrGuppy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Arena_Treatment

About the map
    Treatment is my first map for any Source game and has taken about three months to get to its current state. Despite being new to Hammer I have quite a bit of experience using the Unreal engine. The original title was Pipeline but I changed it to Treatment when I found out that name was already taken.

The map features two mirrored outdoor areas that connect via a large pipe to the middle building where the capture point is located. Underneath the cap point is a small pool of the only accessible water in the map. Additionally, a small health kit surrounded by a deadly coolant mixture can be found close to the point as well. Missing the health kit and falling into the coolant results in death and a humiliating buzzer noise audible to anyone nearby!

Known Issues
    * Large outdoor silos will pop in and out when viewed through the roof windows.
    * Players can sometimes get stuck momentarily when they attempt to exit the water.
    * Minor lighting issues such as darkened props or improper fence shadows.
    * Minor visual skybox issues.

Changelog
    Beta 2

Constructive criticism in this thread is encouraged and welcomed. You may also reach me via email.

Additional Media

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  2. Void

aa Void Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say

Positive Ratings:
    Looks pretty friggin' huge for an Arena map. Also looks visually distracting.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Hellfire

Hellfire L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    loved screenshots

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. DrGuppy

DrGuppy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I've added some more screenshots so you can judge the size a little better. To me, the size is on par with a map like Arena_Badlands.

I do agree that the center area is too visually distracting and I'll consider toning it down for Beta 2. Thanks for the comment.

5. DaFatCat

DaFatCat L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Looking nice, doesn't look all that big to me. Parts are a bit distracting as Void said.

6. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    This could work very well as a 3 point cp map.

7. Hellfire

Hellfire L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    made a run,as i was alon it was just a noclip flight)

some shots below

and...i want to say its one of the best designed map ive ever seen, TONNS of work and effort here