KotH Transfer

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Egan, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    Transfer A3

Transfer (KOTH)
    by Egan

Currently: Alpha Phase

Overview:
    The map is set in and around a transportation headquarters in the midst of its construction. My inspiration for this map is part koth_lakeside (3Dnj), part koth_chasm (Randdalf) - my two favourite koth maps - so you may see some aspects of both in this one.

Objective:
    To win, capture and hold the hill zone for 3 minutes total.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  2. Prestige

aa Prestige im not gay anymore

Positive Ratings:
    i dont see a picture of the point

3. Penguin

aa Penguin Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome

Positive Ratings:
    looks pretty neato

4. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    Interesting design ideas and good start so far. I'd be worried about how much space is beside the point rather than before it, though.

5. Faux Rhinoceros

aa Faux Rhinoceros Also known as Dr. Element

Positive Ratings:
    ^ Pretty much what yyler said.

You geometry is fresh and interesting, but it looks like the layout itself is divided too much into "lanes".
    Only gametesting will show, tho! Make sure to put it up for the next gameday if you can :D

6. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    The point is shown in the second last image through the glass on the left. Though, I suppose I'll add a picture later of the cap room in more detail.

Yeah, I noticed that too, but as you say, it'll show in gamedays. If I do have to change it, it would probably just be more of a flat ground in the second room beside the point, and then a walkway/stairway up to the point room. One of the other ideas I had was to bust open one of the windows on the side alleys and make an entrance into the side of the building that way. Currently there are only 3 doorways total into the big building, whereas in koth sawmill there are 6. Another problem I foresee will hopefully also be abolished in the gameday testing.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  7. Melvin D Engineere

Melvin D Engineere L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    Updated to A2, will attempt to throw it on the next gameday for testings.

9. Idolon

aa Idolon the worst admin

Positive Ratings:
    a2 was pretty fun to play. I'm gonna dump some criticism on you, but it's mostly small things.

[​IMG]
    This route felt fairly underused. The entrance from each yard is a bit hidden from view, and taking the route doesn't really provide an advantage. I'm not sure how you should change it, but it's fairly useless as is.

[​IMG]
    If a non-jumping class falls on here, they're done for. I would move the pipe up so that the ledge is 64 units or smaller.

[​IMG]
    1:1 stairs look awkward in TF2, I would stretch these out.

[​IMG]
    Putting the health up here is a bad idea. Instead, put it on the ground where everyone can reach it easily.

[​IMG]
    The capture zone is small, as compared to the actual area around the cap itself. Also, there's a lot of entrances to watch while covering the point, and eliminating one wouldn't be a bad idea.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    A3 update. Detailed a bit, changed the things I got from feedback, etc. I could probably detail a bit more before gameday, but I might be busy and I'm kinda lazy, so .. here you go.