Trainyard

inzaneflea

L1: Registered
Jul 13, 2009
CP_Trainyard
5 point CP Map

About: Trainyard is a 5 point Control Point map with a twist! Each team starts with their 'base' CP, and has to capture both 'side' CP's before they can capture the center CP and assault the enemy base! Each side CP captured opens new paths for the capturing team to attack both the middle base and the other CP. Each team will have to split their forces between the two points to make that final push for the center, while still holding both side points!

Progress:
Design:
[---X-----]​
Blocking:
[X--------]​
Lighting:
[----------]​
Texturing:
[----------]​
Propulation:
[----------]​
Testing:
[----------]​

Blueprints/Layouts coming soon!

I plan to update this thread at least tri-weekly if not more. I've just graduated from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh with a degree in Game Art & Design, so consider this my first big project outside of school. I'm actively searching for a job in the industry as a Level Designer / Scripter as well. I'm hoping to show every step of my progress here as well!

inzaneflea

Jul 13, 2009
Update 01 - Day 01

First in-game shot. Area on left side holds the other 4 CP's, I made them and scripted them first to make sure I could get what I wanted gameplay wise, works quite well! Right side is beginning of block out of middle CP. I like to consider this the 'Blank Canvas' phase!

Steff0o

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2009
"Propulation"
thats no word :O

inzaneflea

Jul 13, 2009
I disagree! My friend who used to work at Rockstar worked there as a 'Propulator'.