KotH Traintable

Spacek531

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 28, 2012
Traintable: the new and improved King Of The Train, or so I've been told.

the Red and Blue mercenaries were fooling around with shrink ray technology, and poof! they find themselves fighting over a tiny container running around on some guy's train table.

When the train is capped, it will speed up and insta-kill anyone on the other team for 6 seconds.

EA6EB1672473C425E41519FA914A43B1DE37CA4E

1CC045CDC444DDF13C00DD47DC3B8151B43A0F90

EA5345D03E11CE22ACE14DD6C434A73BAD2BE3D9

changes that need to happen:
  • make it obvious you have to crouch to get through the small building
  • prevent players from getting stuck as much
  • raise skybox
  • fix the sometimes-breaking CTF outlline on the train (sometimes doesn't switch to blue)

what I need to know:
  • should I make the table so you can fall off, or leave it like it is?
  • how do I get a hybrid KotH and CTF hud?
  • how do I make the train stop as a whole instead of just per-traincar? (i.e. the uber and dispenser trick working and not making a giant cluster of train cars)
  • where should the ammo and health be?

Last edited:

stegarootbeer

L2: Junior Member
Jan 15, 2012
First things first, as I mentioned before the train needs to be going much slower. With that, I think it would benefit a lot from having sections of the map closed off when the point isn't in that area in order to direct players more towards the point so the battle will be based around the point. I also think it would be more fun to defend if you could stand on the train without getting knocked off my low hanging ceilings, although I did enjoy the part with the low bridge you had to jump over to stay on top of the train. I think this could possibly have potential but it is going to need a lot of work.

PoignardAzur

L2: Junior Member
Mar 21, 2013
make it obvious you have to crouch to get through the small building
It won't do all the work, but I think that putting a decal like "if you can read this CROUCH NOW" would help a bit.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
As I mentioned in chat, it might behoove you to try to hack together a HUD that includes the directional indicator that CTF uses, so players can get an idea of where the train is. Failing that, some dynamic signage pointing to its current position would be welcome.