Trainquarry

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
Nice place...Mind if i show you my map? ^_^

I'm going to be cheap and copy parts of the readme file, At least for a rough first impression. more discussion/info/other added below.
General Information:

Note: The non-HDR version of the map is very bright and is not recommended.

The map is a symetrical unrestricted CP map, where the two sides start on the same side of the map, with three control points in the map. CP A, CP B, & CP C. Each is equidistant from the spawn areas of both teams. A graphical ASCII representation will make more sense.

[red]
.......[A]...........[C]
[blu]

Control point A awards 2 minutes of extra time on capture but also takes the longest time to capture being the closest.

Control point B awards 1 min 30seconds of extra time, taking less time to capture

Control point C awards 1 min of extra time, taking the least amount of time to capture.

There is a 30 second setup timer, but nothing can be build during that time, as it allows people to get to the desired exit gate, there being 3 in total.

==========================================================

Known issues & bugs:

-The underground cave lighting can be too bright at times.

-Various props have dark or bad lighting

-some displacement-cracks, and some serious cracks near control point C.

-Some parts of geometry on other sides of hills/cliffs may spontaneously disapear. This is normal as it is due to the visleaf system.

-You may find some floating Nails across the map (prop_Static without collisions). I'd like to believe that no one will notice them.

Well, that's that. all three control points can be captured at any time, there is no capture hierarchy or dependency on other control points whatsoever. In that regard it is a bit...chaotic, but I first spawned the idea for such a map set-up a long time ago. 18 months+? So long a go i can't even remember how long ago it was :D

As the name implies it's beta 3. each version brought significant changes to it, and if you're interested enough in seeing the changes, be my guest.
cp_trainquarry_b2

Sadly, or fortunately, the first release version [b1] is not available. :p

There are problems with b3, but as tempting as it is to fix them now, that will only lead me to fix them, then i notice something else is wrong, then change this, until i realize it's 4AM... and two days have passed... :-\

This is what it is, main problems/glitches/bugs/issues are listed, and they, plus any unknown issues/bugs/etc. and gameplay changes will find their way into the final version. Whenever that may be.

Until then, i hope you have fun with my map and treat it kindly. :)

p.s. fpsbanana link for those who are interested.

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
Double post.

Well i am impressed. The number of tutorials and quality of them, not to mention all the help, guides, and content around here has opened my eyes so to speak.

I've got a lot to learn, but also, a lot to apply and add to this map. Releasing it may have been hasty, but now i have a better idea what I need to improve, and how i can do that. :)