Train tracks

Roisen

L1: Registered
Jul 24, 2010
I've looked pretty throughly in hammer and the only train (not bomb cart) tracks that I can find are the ones from well, but I was hoping to find tracks that are wood plank style like the bomb cart ones, but bigger to fit an actual train.

Is there anywhere i could find something like this?

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
You could always use the Well tracks and make your own sleepers using brushes or use the texture like in lumberyard

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
The ones from 2fort are really small. I would suggest Aly's method rather than have to spam the 2fort track all over the map.

Omnomnick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 16, 2009
It's a shame Valve never made any official other track pieces for the larger trains, straight line train tracks are way too common in TF2.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Maybe because trains suck at making sharp turns. Use the train track textures and then make your own rails with either displacements or the well model.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Someone did. Hold on.

EDIT: OK, I think I'm thinking of the ones in cp_ironworks (which I extracted all the models from so I could look over the decompiled map properly). He's never actually released them. Nerdboy is right, though; real-life "curved" train tracks would barely have any curve to them at all (and the Ironworks ones had quite a bit of curve, IIRC).

Last edited: