Train Issues

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Stickface, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Stickface

Stickface L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    hey I'm working on a map with trains going through it, I've set the force damage on them to 1000 but if they're blocked they still don't deal damage they just stop.

Here are a couple screenshots for reference:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://i.imgur.com/XTcOEEm.jpg

any help would be appreciated

2. Ynders

aa Ynders absolutely gormful

Positive Ratings:
    You need to tie a trigger_hurt brush entity to the front of the train. For added train-ness, set the damage type to "freeze" for the train kill icon.

3. MegapiemanPHD

aa MegapiemanPHD Doctorate in Deliciousness

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah you gotta parent a trigger_hurt brush to your path_tanktrain. Set the damage to 9999999999 or something like that to make sure it always kills whatever it hits. There should just be a train option for damage type to get the train kill icon.

4. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    It'll say train damage type if you use ABS's resource pack, if not it's Freeze.

5. Stickface

Positive Ratings:
    I have but in other parts of the train I can stop the train completely

6. MegapiemanPHD

aa MegapiemanPHD Doctorate in Deliciousness

Positive Ratings:
    If you already have a trigger_hurt set to enough damage to kill, it maybe that the positioning of your trigger is off. path_tanktrain's can be a bit finicky on where the front and back is so your trigger could be backwards and set behind the train instead of infront of it. It's happened to me before. Also check your trigger_hurt and make sure the Clients flag is on.

7. Ynders

aa Ynders absolutely gormful

Positive Ratings:
    You could either make the trigger hurt the size of the whole train, or make the func_tracktrain cover the whole train model, so that you can't get caught on the little crevices on the side.

8. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Or just make the prop non solid.

9. Stickface

Positive Ratings:
    I tried to but the tanktrain's collision doesn't work

10. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Because you turned on the "passable" flag, which means stuff can pass through it. Also is there a reason you are using tanktrain instead of tracktrain?

11. Stickface

Positive Ratings:
    first time making a train used the wiki tutorial, and thanks for the info everything works fine now!