Trade Minecraft Amazing v150

TRADE Trade Minecraft Amazing v150 2019-06-29

Gravidea

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2017
This map is decent. There are two things I have in mind though for it;

I feel like you should use upscaled versions of textures instead of point sample, like I assume you're using. I did point sample for some of my older video game recreation maps, and it's generally a strain on the eyes for most people. If you have a program like paint.net (it's free) you can easily upscale the textures to something like 256x256 and not have to use point sample for them. They'll look much better that way.

There's also the fact that a lot of areas in this map are... empty. Big open areas that are just 4 walls and a floor and ceiling. Some areas are not that obviously, but most are. You should definitely do more detailing with the Minecraft textures you have at your disposal. Possibly some decorations, height variation, etc. It may be a trade map, but some people like to fight each other on a trade map after all! You should make it interesting for them. Do those things, and I'm sure this map will be even more enjoyable!

sniperstyx

L1: Registered
Nov 16, 2018
This map is decent. There are two things I have in mind though for it;

I feel like you should use upscaled versions of textures instead of point sample, like I assume you're using. I did point sample for some of my older video game recreation maps, and it's generally a strain on the eyes for most people. If you have a program like paint.net (it's free) you can easily upscale the textures to something like 256x256 and not have to use point sample for them. They'll look much better that way.

There's also the fact that a lot of areas in this map are... empty. Big open areas that are just 4 walls and a floor and ceiling. Some areas are not that obviously, but most are. You should definitely do more detailing with the Minecraft textures you have at your disposal. Possibly some decorations, height variation, etc. It may be a trade map, but some people like to fight each other on a trade map after all! You should make it interesting for them. Do those things, and I'm sure this map will be even more enjoyable!
Funny you should mention that since I've actually started working on it recently. I've changed some stuff and updated some textures since I've worked on this map while TF2 was on the lowest settings since I had a bad PC back then. Before college, I got a new PC and I was able to play at max settings and do other stuff that I normally couldn't.

Anyways, I'll update the map soon.

And as I mentioned above, I had my game on the lowest settings, explaining why the textures looked like crap.

Anyways, thanks for the reply, didn't think someone would eventually say something about this map.