Trade Map Tips

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by NoirSuede, Jan 14, 2013.

1. NoirSuede

NoirSuede L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hi, i got an order from the owner of the server i‘m regular in for a trade map for his new trade server. Do you guys have any tips on how to make good, team oriented trade map ? (The map‘s theme is a mountain resort at night).

2. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    According to everyone that comes to us here, you need an admin room, spycrab room (this is important) and a pool area.

Joking aside, just look at other trade maps... they're just open spaces with protected spawns. It's not really that difficult considering there isn't an objective. Always nice to see maps detailed nicely though.

3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Best tip for making a good trade map:
    simply don't make one

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. nightwatch

aa nightwatch

Positive Ratings:
    The most important part is thinking up a good name that describes long sightlines and poor optimization concisely and elegantly.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. Deodorant

Deodorant L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Basically what those other guys said: If you make a trade map with a thought-through layout that plays well, it's not a trade map.

You can of course make a normal trade map and give it amazing, TF2-fitting detailing, but I'm afraid the effort would be lost on the target audience.

• Thanks Thanks x 1