1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Tractor Beams

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Gabe Noodle from Volvo, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Gabe Noodle from Volvo

Gabe Noodle from Volvo L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm in the process of making a jump map, this one is going to be the first jump map I publicly release. Currently I'm working towards an alien design, in theme with the new update. So I thought it would add to the map if it didn't have just alien themed aesthetics, but some alien themed functions. You've probably guessed by now due to the title that I want to know how to make a tractor beam. There are two types I'd like to know how to make, The type featured in pd_watergate, and the type in koth_probed. Thanks for the help.

2. Anreol

Anreol L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    The one at probed its a lot of trigger_push, and at watergate, I think that its a addcond parented to the ufo (So it moves with it)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Phil25

Phil25 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    If you're looking for making them similar to those two beams, go ahead and decompile the maps using BSPSource and check how the creators have made them. From what I remember it was just a bunch of trigger_push's in an oddly manner. As for the one beam in koth_probed I'm guessnig they've used a phys_magnet to suck everybody towards it, I can't confirm it though.

dat name doe

• Thanks Thanks x 1