Total newbie at Server Config, need help

BaconCat

L1: Registered
Aug 31, 2011
Hey guys, sorry for asking such stupid questions, but I am a but overwhelmed here!

Basically, I need to know which addons/settings I need to do the following:

Allow users to run their own scripts (For example, quick class changing scripts).
Automatically call a Next Level vote when the server time reaches 5 mins left with the default voting interface.
Automatically scramble the teams if a team wins 6 Rounds in a row. (Or, if able, 4 rounds for non-payload maps and 6 for payload).

Again, I am sure these are all obvious, but I honestly have no clue.

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
For the third one, try mp_scrambleteams_windifference 6. I think that's what the command is, though I might be mistaken.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
All of these are default settings. Scripts are run client side and impossible for you to control as a server operator. Unless i was unaware that sv_pure 1 affects scripts, but i can't see how it would.

Source has a hard coded map vote system but it kinda sucks so many server operators utilise an SM equivilant which provides more control.

Again, team scrambling is a default feature in source, though the source one is kinda crappy, happy to scramble, kill everyone and never really changes any players around.

Hopefully you know what Source/Meta mod is. These are fairly common plugins that you should be able to find under the certified mods area over at alliedmods.net.

Last edited:

BaconCat

L1: Registered
Aug 31, 2011
Hey there. Thanks for the help. I found I needed to enable wait on my sever.

I have one more question. Is there a way I can add a pure_server_whitelist.txt to the hl folder of my server?

Also, I have this weird issue. On (for example) cp_well (which is my starting server) my Hud mod (Ponys if you must ask ) works, but if I change the map to (say) plr_Hightower or ctf_2fort or a few other maps, it stops working. That's why I ask about the whitelist.

Oh, and while I have mp_idledealmethod 2 and mp_idlemaxtime 1, it doesn't seem to kick idlers. Is it because I am the only person on the server when testing?