Total newbie at Server Config, need help

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by BaconCat, Aug 31, 2011.

1. BaconCat

BaconCat L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey guys, sorry for asking such stupid questions, but I am a but overwhelmed here!

Basically, I need to know which addons/settings I need to do the following:

Allow users to run their own scripts (For example, quick class changing scripts).
    Automatically call a Next Level vote when the server time reaches 5 mins left with the default voting interface.
    Automatically scramble the teams if a team wins 6 Rounds in a row. (Or, if able, 4 rounds for non-payload maps and 6 for payload).

Again, I am sure these are all obvious, but I honestly have no clue.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    For the third one, try mp_scrambleteams_windifference 6. I think that's what the command is, though I might be mistaken.

3. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    All of these are default settings. Scripts are run client side and impossible for you to control as a server operator. Unless i was unaware that sv_pure 1 affects scripts, but i can't see how it would.

Source has a hard coded map vote system but it kinda sucks so many server operators utilise an SM equivilant which provides more control.

Again, team scrambling is a default feature in source, though the source one is kinda crappy, happy to scramble, kill everyone and never really changes any players around.

Hopefully you know what Source/Meta mod is. These are fairly common plugins that you should be able to find under the certified mods area over at alliedmods.net.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  4. BaconCat

BaconCat L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey there. Thanks for the help. I found I needed to enable wait on my sever.

I have one more question. Is there a way I can add a pure_server_whitelist.txt to the hl folder of my server?

Also, I have this weird issue. On (for example) cp_well (which is my starting server) my Hud mod (Ponys if you must ask ) works, but if I change the map to (say) plr_Hightower or ctf_2fort or a few other maps, it stops working. That's why I ask about the whitelist.

Oh, and while I have mp_idledealmethod 2 and mp_idlemaxtime 1, it doesn't seem to kick idlers. Is it because I am the only person on the server when testing?