1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Tool textures aren't working

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by FiLi, Feb 5, 2011.

1. FiLi

FiLi L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    This is a problem I had with CSS. I had to transfer it to the source engine 2009 category on my SDK. I set all of the options to be the same as it was for source engine 2006. It seemed to work fine, but when I started using tool textures like nodraw and skybox, they don't work correctly in-game. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

2. Vincent

aa Vincent 🔨 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi 🔨

Positive Ratings:
    Dont you have to set the engine version to 2006? Im baffled how you even got it to 2009.

3. FiLi

Positive Ratings:
    They updated the engine on it to 2009. You can move it by adding a game config for it under whatever engine

4. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    What exactly happens when you use them in-game? Hall of mirrors, etc?

5. FiLi

Positive Ratings:
    The skybox comes up as just the tool texture, not the set skybox background. Also, the playerclip is visible

6. Exist

Exist L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thats a strange one. Verify the games cache and report back.

7. Huckle

Huckle L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    A couple of things off the top of my head: make sure your brushes aren't tied to any sort of entities or that you have more than one sky_camera.

8. FiLi

Positive Ratings:
    I don't have any sky_cameras and the objects aren't tied to any entities.

I probably should have included this already, but I do get these lines when I compile:

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Dec 11 2006)
    2 threads
    materialPath: c:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\orangeboxez\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
    Loading C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\orangeboxez\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\gg_houseraid_a1.vmf
    Can't find surfaceprop concrete for material ORANGE_DEV/DEV_MEASUREGEN_GREY07, using default
    Can't find surfaceprop concrete for material ORANGE_DEV/DEV_MEASUREGEN_ORANGE01, using default
    material "dev/dev_measuregeneric01b" not found
    Material not found!: DEV/DEV_MEASUREGENERIC01B
    Can't find surfaceprop concrete for material ORANGE_DEV/DEV_MEASUREGEN_ORANGE03, using default
    Can't find surfaceprop concrete for material ORANGE_DEV/DEV_MEASUREGEN_REDORANGE01, using default
    Can't find surfaceprop concrete for material ORANGE_DEV/DEV_MEASUREGEN_GREEN02, using default
    material "tools/toolsplayerclip" not found
    Material not found!: TOOLS/TOOLSPLAYERCLIP

Can't find surfaceprop concrete for material ORANGE_DEV/DEV_MEASUREGEN_GREY08, using default
    Can't find surfaceprop concrete for material ORANGE_DEV/DEV_MEASUREGEN_ORANGE02, using default
    material "tools/toolsskybox" not found
    Material not found!: TOOLS/TOOLSSKYBOX
    fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...

9. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    Have you verified the game cache? Because it looks like you've lost pretty much half the data from your game (playerclip, skybox, concrete surfaceprop).