Too Much or Just Enough?

Stormcaller3801

L5: Dapper Member
Jul 5, 2009
Alright, I'm working on my map layout and I had an idea I've wanted to try for a while. Only thing is I'm not certain if it's too much.

TooMuch.png

Now, the issue at hand is that there's a huge three story set of buildings behind where I'm standing in that screenshot. That's going to be prime RED Sniper territory, along with Soldiers and Demomen. I figured rather than forcing BLU to play the part of a shooting gallery by leaving it all open, I'd toss this in to try and 'fix' things.

My only problem is that it might work too well. It's going to limit headshots to a minimum, but still allow body shots. You can fire down the length of it and BLU will have no cover. And there's areas before and after it that aren't protected. But if BLU stays on the right side of the cart and crouches, they're going to be hard to kill.

On the upside of unintended consequences, the pallet I added in to cover up some prop overlap issues acts as a stair for Scouts: you can double-jump on top of it, and then from there jump to the roof, and from the roof get to BLU's sniper deck. I think that could prove interesting. Anyone can reverse the route, they just can't get on top of the pallet with a normal jump height. I'm also thinking of adding an exit from that building behind the bridge, to give BLU a safe yet longer distance exit.

I'm interested in hearing opinions about whether it's too much, and whether or not you think it works.

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
I think that that would be enough cover for that section, would it be possible to widen it a bit to prevent spam? Also, try sticking a little something (like some rocks) between the sniper deck and there. That way players can still move around (space out the rocks between them, like this:
D_______|_________|
E_______|____|
C___________|
K_________________|
Other than that, good luck and great work!