Tomfoolery A1

My first (KOTH) map with the Sawmill theme.

1. Floof Waffles

Floof Waffles L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Tomfoolery - My first (KOTH) map with the Sawmill theme.

This is my first ever playable map!
    Inspired by another custom map, CP Indulge, this is a Sawmill-themed stormy alpine map that's still in the dev texture stage.

Despite being an entry for the 72hour jam, it was actually made in around 6 hours. It, uh... it shows.

2. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    Looks like a great first start. My one comment would be the doors exiting the room outside of the spawn feel a bit narrow and chokey and a more outdoor route to attack the point could be quite beneficial.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Floof Waffles

Positive Ratings:
    Ah, thank you so much for the feedback!!
    Yeah, the area around spawn was really just padding and I'm not too happy with it, but now you mention it I feel like a route leading straight outdoors could really help with the connectivity and flow.
    Thank you again!! ^w^

• Like Like x 1
  4. McLovin

McLovin L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Okay, so...
    [​IMG]
    This room is wayyyy too dark. Nobody will enjoy fighting here because... well... nobody can see.
    [​IMG]
    When players fall off this cliff and die, you can clearly see where this wall has been nodraw(n?)
    [​IMG]
    HUGE problem that I can access the BLU team's spawnroom. This isn't arena mode...
    [​IMG]
    Skybox is really low here...
    [​IMG]
    This point looks really cool. I just really really like it.
    [​IMG]
    Kind of sad I can't rocket jump up its roof, though. :(
    [​IMG]
    Do keep in mind that because this is a full healthpack, a team that takes control of the point will be able to hold it for a while. Don't know if that was intentional, but I feel as if it's something to keep in mind while playtesting.
    [​IMG]
    Oh, and I don't think having such large healthpacks so close together is a good idea.
    [​IMG]
    This is hilarious, and I can't wait for someone to strafe to their death trying to reach for it. :D

Overall, this looks like a really fun map. Can't wait to see future updates on it. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Floof Waffles

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks a ton for the feedback!

-The dark room is being overhauled and lit in the current version.
    -Uh-huh, I couldn't be bothered to apply any detail there for an A1. Don't worry though, I'm extremely stingy when it comes to map boundaries and player immersion - it'll be ironed out in a later release!
    -I knew the spawnrooms were super tacky (I'm pretty sure both teams can open each others' doors, too), so I'll obvs have to look into that! Thanks for letting me know that you could actually walk into BLU's spawn as RED, that's rather alarming.
    -Yeah, the skybox will be raised and there should be better use of verticality in a later release.
    -I think I'll remove the clips above the point as it's too low to make sense or give much of an advantage.
    -Yeah, I couldn't decide on the traditional Health-pack-under-the-point setup or the fun Health-pack-perched-precariously-on-a-cliffedge one. I think I'll just leave the area underneath the point empty and reposition the large Health pack to connect to the ground rather than the point.

Again, thanks for the feedback. Just those small comments are super helpful and I feel inspired again. :3

6. McLovin

McLovin L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    No problem. Happy to help (and to know I wasn't TOO annoying with all those comments).