Titles for users - Question

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Davekillerish, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Davekillerish

aa Davekillerish Lvl O: Orange Member

Positive Ratings:
    I am planning on donating to the site, since money is the best way to friendship nowadays and I want to finally financially support this amazing community. (hopefully I'm still not hated here...)

Anyway, My question is when I do begin to donate, is there a method in place already to swap titles? I would prefer to keep my orange Veteran title on the forums instead of the green donator one.
    If there is one in place then this was a stupid question, if there isn't can one be implemented at some point? is it a possibility?

2. Void

aa Void Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome back to the site! While we very much appreciate any and all donations, please don't feel like it's a "pay-to-win" necessity towards making friends here on the forums. There's plenty of other benefits when donating though, so feel free to do so! And for what it's worth, I don't believe you're hated among the community, so you shouldn't feel like you are. If you believe anyone is specifically targeting you, feel free to send me a message.

As for gaining Donator status while maintaining Veteran's colors and appearance - we'll have someone look into it, but we can't guarantee anything as of now. We will let you know if anything changes, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Davekillerish

Positive Ratings:
    Was more or less joking about the pay-to-win friendship game, but thank you.

4. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    On the donation page, there is an option to donate without gaining Donator stuff, which seems just giving money to the site without anything additional.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Davekillerish

Positive Ratings:
    I would donate for the additional features, I was just curious if i could keep my vet title instead.

6. Werewolf

aa Werewolf Probably not a real Werewolf

Positive Ratings:
    Maybe you could make a donor medal (a small $ logo maybe?) that would sit next to the other medals a person has? Maybe a current donor's medal would be green whilst a former donor's would be greyed out?

7. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    The issue is how the ranks are handled in the backend, and how there needs to be a prioritised list. We're looking into whether we can make specific exceptions, but if not then changing for one person could mean changing for everyone.

8. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Stuff like server control is tied directly to what group you're in on the forums, it's all automatic. So messing with that system is a bit more complex.

9. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    And we all know what happens when people (I) mess with complex back-end forum systems.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1