Thunder

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by The Asylum, Jun 24, 2010.

1. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    NEW AND EXCITING

Figured I'd work on a small something while Checkpoint stagnates. Behold, arena_thunder_a1

[​IMG]

Three bridges stretching across a toxic-waste-water deathpit. The middle houses the control point

[​IMG]

Long dipping rope bridges along the sides and a suspension bridge underneath the big three

[​IMG]

A better look at what I've got of the bases themselves

I suppose I could also make this work at KOTH, but let's see how Arena works out first.

2. nik

nik L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    bridge is orgasmic

3. Prestige

aa Prestige im not gay anymore

Positive Ratings:
    looks like a sniperfest :/

is their anything blocking sightlines on the bridges?

4. Grim Tuesday

aa Grim Tuesday

Positive Ratings:
    Deathpits in the middle generally aren't good for arena, but it looks quite nice.

5. absurdistof

aa absurdistof

Positive Ratings:
    Few things:

First, the noise on the displacements looks.. meh. And a tad bit sloppy ;)

Second, this map seems like it's goal is to crash the enemy teams together in a wave of battle, which will quickly evolve into a sniperfest by the looks of it. I would add a lot more geometry, brushwork, and articulation to the middle of the map. As an arena enjoyee I would say that I prefer more paths an options then fewer. I only have 1 life, options could be the difference between first and last place.

6. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    Arena maps usually make up for short games with interesting layouts. Yours has no height advantage and a straight shot across to the enemy spawn. Make something interesting happen, like a bend or some less ambiguous buildings.

The texture you've used for the ground is also pretty disgusting, and the random displacement work makes it look even worse. Remake it with a better texture and more logical construction.

7. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    I admit, I put approximately zero thought behind this. My thought process for this entire map was pretty much "I think I'll make an arena map today. Let's see...... cap point... on a.... bridge! Bridges bridges bridges bases DONE!"

But thanks for the suggestions