Thoughts on map collaboration?

bob+M|M+

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 31, 2008
What do you think of collaborating on maps? good? bad? Anyone have any experience working as a team?

(read on if you MIGHT be interested in collaborating)
I'd love to have a partner who could help "fluff" things up after I finish basic brushwork... I don't have a very good sense of a "TF2" style mapping and my aesthetic skills aren't really that great either.

I make maps for a small community in the TF2 world though... high-skill demoman jump maps. The way I map is I separate each jump into different vmf files, and then connect them all at the end, so collaborating would only require commitment of one jump at a time.

here's a video of someone playing my first jump map:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U3Y-t-OUKs"]YouTube - Team Fortress 2 - Jump_Hobo[/ame]

this thread is just to get an idea I guess... maybe for future collaboration?? probably not soon. obviously full recognition would be given (in various possible ways.. for example name on wall, or name in ending credits, or name displayed when picked up ammo to indicate level name, or possible even in the name of map jump_xxxx) etc...

-bob

Last edited:

Spike

L10: Glamorous Member
Feb 13, 2008
I don't like jumping maps, but I've seen one of your videos and you have putted Aruarian Dance song from Nujabes. Damn cool song, lol

Foreverkul

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 12, 2008
Collaborating is good if you have a group of people that are specifically good at a single skill like one person makes a basic balanced map design, another is able to program the triggers and functions, and a 3rd or 4th person for lighting and detail. Another good idea is to send highly detailed maps to people with powerful computers so they can be fully compiled quickly.

Earl

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 21, 2007
Jump maps definitely are interesting... I remember playing one of the skyscraper* ones. Although, it was only interesting for about an hour, then i got frustrated and started noclipping...