TheWarehouse

Matthew

L1: Registered
Jun 28, 2009
Hey, i've just finished (well hopefully :p ) my second map for tf2, and was looking for some constructive criticism :).

The map has a warehousey/deserty theme and is symmetrical, there is a CP in both of the smaller structures, and when they are captured the point in the main structure can also be captured.

Lots of screenies below

Last edited:

red_flame586

L420: High Member
Apr 19, 2009
From the screenshots it looks very bland and uninteresting. Try adding more props, decals and general detail.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't see any map boundaries, so It will get very confusing when players bump into a wall of nothingness.

A third and final problem is that the map looks so wide open with nothing near each other, and the buildings look way to big.

Fix these and you may have a good map.

Matthew

L1: Registered
Jun 28, 2009
From the screenshots it looks very bland and uninteresting. Try adding more props, decals and general detail.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't see any map boundaries, so It will get very confusing when players bump into a wall of nothingness.

A third and final problem is that the map looks so wide open with nothing near each other, and the buildings look way to big.

Fix these and you may have a good map.

Thanks for your comments :)

The main building is quite large, but alot of it is off-limits to the players so in reality there isnt that much space for players inside

There is a boundary, consisting of fence props, which are hard to see in the screenshots. To make the play area smaller should I just make the fence tighter around the structures?

I've also added a link to the map download, and would be very grateful if anyone could take a look at it :)