1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

TheWarehouse

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Matthew, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Matthew

Matthew L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey, i've just finished (well hopefully :p ) my second map for tf2, and was looking for some constructive criticism :).

The map has a warehousey/deserty theme and is symmetrical, there is a CP in both of the smaller structures, and when they are captured the point in the main structure can also be captured.

Lots of screenies below

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  2. red_flame586

red_flame586 L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    From the screenshots it looks very bland and uninteresting. Try adding more props, decals and general detail.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't see any map boundaries, so It will get very confusing when players bump into a wall of nothingness.

A third and final problem is that the map looks so wide open with nothing near each other, and the buildings look way to big.

Fix these and you may have a good map.

3. Matthew

Matthew L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for your comments :)

The main building is quite large, but alot of it is off-limits to the players so in reality there isnt that much space for players inside

There is a boundary, consisting of fence props, which are hard to see in the screenshots. To make the play area smaller should I just make the fence tighter around the structures?

I've also added a link to the map download, and would be very grateful if anyone could take a look at it :)