There is a way to make something like this?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by jacek2144, Mar 19, 2012.

1. jacek2144

jacek2144 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello i'm making map and got question
    did there is a way to make client force command example sm_recive_shotgun when he touch example trigger_once?

2. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, have the trigger do OnStartTouch => !activator => sm_receive_shotgun. This tells the trigger to, when touched, give a shotgun to the player/whatever activated it.

P.S. if I'm not mistaken, you seem to be Polish; if you want, ask me questions in Polish instead of English :D

3. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    When did you learn Polish?

4. Terwonick

Terwonick L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    @Frozen
    Seba nauczył się języka polskiego, kiedy dowiedział się Google przetłumaczone na język polski.

(words may not be entirely accurate, but i'm sure you get my drift ;) )

5. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Incorrect. That would attempt to fire an sm_receive_shotgun input on the player entity, which does not exist.

You need to use a point_clientcommand entity, and have a trigger send the Command input to it with a parameter of sm_receive_shotgun. However, some things cannot be executed on a client like this, so it may or may not work. Though being a sourcemod command I would guess that it would be allowed.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    That's just stupid.

... with a name like Sebastian though, i'm surprised I didn't realize that this might be a possibility sooner.

7. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Seriously, I'm glad Valve didn't hire me. Before I am suitable for their required ability I need to find a way to tap into boojum's consciousness and extract his knowledge of Entity-fu and download it into my brain Matrix-style.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  8. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Or you could just read the entire valve developer wiki like I did. It is quite informative.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Reading it is one thing. Retaining all the knowledge and having the experience and intuition to know what can interact how, is another.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    Snark does speak Entity, after all.