The Winter Jam - Show Off Your WIPs!

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
That looks pretty rad @Corvatile!
I see a lot of arrows pointing towards no entry doors, and that scares me.
In this image You've used the same trim texture on the floor, raised floor and the wall under it, which feels like overkill. Perhaps change that trim on the short wall for the yellow you've used on other walls and leave the bumps trim as a floor trim. You can see in this one that you've got two types of yellow wall trim, consider cutting it down to just one for consistency.

Nov 2, 2010
Cheers for all the feedback, guys. I'm gonna try and get all this stuff done and dusted in time for Tuesday afternoon.

I see a lot of arrows pointing towards no entry doors, and that scares me.

Those doors with no entry signs open up after the previous control point is captured. I'm gonna replace them with a doors which say 'This door opens when B is capped' or whatever so they're less confusing.

Rummy

L1: Registered
Nov 2, 2014

And with that. i wrap up my 72hr project with that. i decided that i would work on it outside of the jam. but it was a nice experience streaming my whole progress with you folks.

ibex

aa
Sep 1, 2013
RBzBoFI.png

Might make an arena map if I have time.

Consistent

Jan 30, 2016

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
w75MLTg.png

:)
wip thread since i dont have an upload
i might make a pack of a bunch of these kind of icons if people want some

Ixy

L2: Junior Member
Jan 29, 2016
Why not just crop it down to 16:9, i'm assuming you ran at higher than 1080p, so wouldn't cropping it bring it down to 1080p?

I wish it was that easy, but unfortunately, it's not a matter of size, but of ratio.

I'm very irked I had to shelve the project, but there are other things I've wanted to exorcise from my head, so . . . Plan B.
purplejam.jpg

I've finished the Administrator, and am now starting on refining Pauling. Still trying to decide if I should make the figures more angular. Happy to hear feedback if anyone has any.

DeepSix

Jul 8, 2015
For the 72hr TF2Jam I finally started my first map! (for tf2) It's going to be a Mayan ruin Attack/Defend map (hopeful... If i finish) I started a little late so I was only able to finish blocking out the level... Here's a pic of red spawn!

RO1r8II.jpg

Consistent

Jan 30, 2016
Not bad for my 1st map!
Mannpower mode I am a huge fan and one of the best spy's online... ON MANNPOWER MODE
I did not make it F2P Friendly you must know how to use you grapple or you will get yourself stuck possibly

ctf_thevoidlol

2016-01-31_00013.jpg
Red Spawn Front Entr
2016-01-31_00016.jpg
Mid
2016-01-31_00017.jpg
Blue
2016-01-31_00014.jpg
576 Stands for Survive To Game which is my community :)
2016-01-31_00015.jpg
Cool Cave feeling to grapple

Nov 2, 2010
Reaaaaacccttttttoooorrrrrr

3CE9CC4D64836962504B0F0A08BF0BC1D65CBBE2

this shade of yellow is burned into my retinas

000F19319A8EBE6E55ED67B5B7E886B75A5BF1A3

When the doors open they now have little spinning lights to grab your attention.

B6D0C5111FD3065CC7F4FC5403B18CFD68CAE9AB

Logan McCloud

Feb 1, 2016
So I'm working on a skybox texture for the TF2jam. Hoping to get some feedback. It's my first time attempting something like this.
Here's a panoramic view (Don't worry about the seam, I fix those last so I can worry about the picture as a whole first)
minbkz.png

Here's an up view. The skybox is actually HDR as well so the stars are nice and bright.
9zlhlt.png

And here's a perspective view.
dcdh75.png

If someone can direct me to a place to show off these textures (and post the finished ones) that would be great.

Last edited:

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
So I decided to stream and do some effects for the jam.

I just gotta submit this stuff to the submission thread when it's ready, right?

So I'm working on a skybox texture for the TF2jam. Hoping to get some feedback. It's my first time attempting something like this.If Someone can direct me to a place to show off these textures (and post the finished ones) that would be great.

The submission thread is here - It'll close when the timer runs out. You can edit posts you put in there any time before it closes though, so feel free to put something in for now and update it later.

Looks excellent, from both of you!

Da_Ch33ze

Oct 4, 2014
The submission thread is here - It'll close when the timer runs out. You can edit posts you put in there any time before it closes though, so feel free to put something in for now and update it later.

Looks excellent, from both of you!

When it closes, what happens then?

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
So I'm working on a skybox texture for the TF2jam. Hoping to get some feedback. It's my first time attempting something like this.
Here's a panoramic view (Don't worry about the seam, I fix those last so I can worry about the picture as a whole first)
minbkz.png

Here's an up view. The skybox is actually HDR as well so the stars are nice and bright.
9zlhlt.png

And here's a perspective view.
dcdh75.png

If someone can direct me to a place to show off these textures (and post the finished ones) that would be great.
Say, you got any recommended lighting settings with that?

Ixy

L2: Junior Member
Jan 29, 2016
I started this at 1 a.m. I am both sad and proud to say that sanity has caught up with me and I'm electing to sleep rather than try and finish this in an all-nighter. Also: my eyes stopped working about an hour ago.

I will finish it at some point . . . but in the meantime, thanks for the Jam, because without the incentive, I wouldn't have started in the first place.

GandGsprites.png

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
I started this at 1 a.m. I am both sad and proud to say that sanity has caught up with me and I'm electing to sleep rather than try and finish this in an all-nighter. Also: my eyes stopped working about an hour ago.

I will finish it at some point . . . but in the meantime, thanks for the Jam, because without the incentive, I wouldn't have started in the first place.

GandGsprites.png

Make sure to put it in the submission thread too, if you're done.