KotH The Wall

AM88

L1: Registered
May 20, 2011
Welcome to The Wall.
The reds and blues fight to control the wall, and the team that succeeds wins the mining contract.

This is my first map ever! So as such this map is small and simple. There are two bases, a red and a blue, situated on opposing sides of a wall. Each base has two floors, the main floor in which players spawn, and the second floor that's carved into the rock formation! I had a lot of fun making it and I hope you have fun playing it.

Last edited:

Da_Man

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 23, 2009
http://youtu.be/igYHKSW8XRs

If there are no marching hammers in the final map, I am going to be very disappointed in you.

srs: Throw it up for gameday, to see how it plays. I can't tell how it will play from the screenshots, but I can give some detailing tips.

Pic 1: Those sheets of metal are meant to go against a wall, no just freestanding.

Pic 3 : same as above. As well, for the team filters, be sure to fit the texture to the size of the brush, and not tiled. It looks funky otherwise.

Pic 4: the ibeam models looks funky if they don't touch the ground. Also, the texture in that room is stretched something awful.

Pic 5: this rooms seems incredibly dark, and the textures don't really mesh all that well.

Pic 6: I assume the big flat wall is supposed to be a cliff. If so, make it a displacement. If not, give it a different texture so it looks like a wall and not a rock face.

Last edited:

NinjillaX

L3: Member
Apr 4, 2011
Just from the pics, the detailing on your spawns is incredibly dense, maybe a bit too much in my opinion.