The Über Update, Day Five

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by tf2.com, Jun 24, 2011.

1. tf2.com

tf2.com L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

Welcome to Stuff Friday! Without further adieu, here's some stuff!

The "Meet the Medic" Taunt
    Capture a point. Shoot a guy. Walk ten feet. Think about walking ten feet and decide not to. Whatever the occasion, celebrate it with the Meet the Medic, a custom taunt that allows you to punctuate anything you do, no matter how trivial, with god rays, orchestral swells and an explosion of doves.

The "Schadenfreude" Taunt Pack
    Science tells us that laughter is the best medicine. Put that theory to the test with the Shadenfreude taunt pack, now available in the Mann Co. store, which gives all nine classes the ability to laugh at a corpse and see if it gets any better. (You could hypothetically also laugh at non-corpse-related objects, we suppose. But what would be the point?)

Put Meet the Medic… On Your Wall!
    Let's say you enjoyed Meet the Medic. Let's say you enjoyed it so much--and especially that one scene where the Medic walks out of his lab all cool with a bunch of doves flying around him--that you wanted to put it up on your wall. First you'd have to buy a big-screen TV. Then you'd have to buy a computer, connect it to the internet, and have the TV play Meet the Medic in an endless loop. Then you’d have to hire a butler to tell you every time that one scene comes up so you can go look at it. And don't forget laser eye surgery so you can see the image at museum quality. Total price: $140,000. Per year. What a bunch of crap, right? Now what if we were to tell you that Valve engineers came up with a better solution? Introducing the limited edition Meet the Medic lithograph, available now at the Valve Store. First come, first serve, folks!

Art
    Man, is your wallpaper stupid. We're just guessing, because compared to the new hi-res, wallpaper-caliber Über Update art now available in the Artwork section, trust us, it's stupid.

Source: TF2.com

2. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Where's the Engineer surprise Valve

I wanted an Engineer surprise

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Da_Man

Da_Man L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Love the Meet The Medic "dovesplosion" taunt.

Oh, and we are still waiting for the high five taunts, Valve.

4. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Shame on you, Valve, telling me my Rainbow Dash wallpaper is stupid. It is not stupid.

(Bet you wouldn't say that to her face, I'll tell ya that.)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Vincent

aa Vincent 🔨 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi 🔨

Positive Ratings:
    Hah, I just checked the main page for the day 5 update 10 mintues ago. Closed it, hit refresh on TF2maps.

Bam.

6. C00Kies

C00Kies L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Medic tant... best $1.99 ever spent at the Mann Store

7. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    Mine's better because it's Applejack.

8. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Oh god we're going to have a pony war, aren't we.

9. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    So nothing new there then

10. PMAvers

PMAvers L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    You know who had a lot to say about wars? The Soldier. Let's see what he has to say about this.

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  11. StickZer0

aa StickZer0 💙💙💃💙💙

Positive Ratings:
    While we're talking about pony backgrounds, I'm currently alternating between a grey background with Derpy Hooves' eyes, and one with Rainbow Dash performing the Sonic Rainboom. It's pretty damn awesome.