"The system cannot find the file specified"

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by The Wiggin, Jan 3, 2012.

1. The Wiggin

The Wiggin L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    When I try and run my map (which has been running fine for the past 4 days) I get a error message which reads

"The command failed. Windows reported the error:
    "The system cannot find the file specified.""

Any ideas what this is or how to fix it, I have tried movie the location of my map and had no success, i have backed up my map, but will lose a few hours work if this cant be solved. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Wiggin

2. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    I know I have gotten that error when I had a MAJOR problem in my map. I believe it was brush related.

Sorry I'm not much more help then that, but try checking for problems if you haven't yet? Might come up.

3. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  4. The Wiggin

Positive Ratings:
    This is My Entire Compile Log, I did just also get a message saying 6 solids have been removed from my map because they were somehow incompatible.

** Executing...
    ** Command: "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\the_wiggin\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
    ** Parameters: -game "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\the_wiggin\team fortress 2\tf" "C:\Users\Joardan\Desktop\Final map pl\start_blue_interior2_without_solids.vmf"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Oct 25 2011)
    6 threads
    materialPath: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\the_wiggin\team fortress 2\tf\materials
    Loading C:\Users\Joardan\Desktop\Final map pl\start_blue_interior2_without_solids.vmf
    Trying to create a non-quad displacement! (entity 0, brush 338)

** Executing...
    ** Command: "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\the_wiggin\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"
    ** Parameters: -game "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\the_wiggin\team fortress 2\tf" "C:\Users\Joardan\Desktop\Final map pl\start_blue_interior2_without_solids"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Oct 25 2011)
    6 threads
    reading c:\users\joardan\desktop\final map pl\start_blue_interior2_without_solids.bsp
    Error opening c:\users\joardan\desktop\final map pl\start_blue_interior2_without_solids.bsp

** Executing...
    ** Command: "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\the_wiggin\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe"
    ** Parameters: -game "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\the_wiggin\team fortress 2\tf" "C:\Users\Joardan\Desktop\Final map pl\start_blue_interior2_without_solids"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Oct 25 2011)

Valve Radiosity Simulator
    6 threads
    [Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
    [34 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\users\joardan\desktop\final map pl\start_blue_interior2_without_solids.bsp
    Error opening c:\users\joardan\desktop\final map pl\start_blue_interior2_without_solids.bsp

** Executing...
    ** Command: Copy File
    ** Parameters: "C:\Users\Joardan\Desktop\Final map pl\start_blue_interior2_without_solids.bsp" "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\the_wiggin\team fortress 2\tf\maps\start_blue_interior2_without_solids.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
    "The system cannot find the file specified."

5. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
  6. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    ;)

7. The Wiggin

Positive Ratings:
    ah i just fixed it but that was the problem, thanks for the help everyone.

8. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    For anyone in the future finding this:

I just had this error from trying to compile with an outdated FGD. I redownloaded booj's resource pack and all was well.