"The system cannot find the file specified" compile error (no geometry at or beyond the grid)

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by ___man, Oct 19, 2015.

1. ___man

___man L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I've been having this error every time i try to compile when i put some geometry in a basic room

I can put some very simple, square brushes in the middle and it's fine, but using the geometry editor to edit things seems to cause this
    pic related is what I have in hammer

[​IMG]

and here's the compile window text

I've made 100% sure there isnt any geometry at or beyond the grid edges.

here are my top and side views for proof of this

[​IMG] [​IMG]

What am I doing wrong? I never had these issues just about a year ago when I last used hammer

it seems to only happen if ive used the geometry editor to move vertices around.

2. Jivvi

Jivvi L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    using vertex edit to make brushes concave will make them invalid. for example, if those large L-shaped blocks you've got are one single brush, it'll be invalid and cause problems because it's concave on the inside faces. you solve this by splitting the brush into two or more individual brushes that lack concavity. in the example of the L-block, you'd just clip along one of the inside edges to make two rectangular brushes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    This happens due to a fatal error in the basic vbsp compile that prevents the compile from continuing.

Your compile log shows a leak, I'd recommend fixing that before trying to diagnose anything further.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. ___man

___man L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    oh, i now exactly where i went wrong then. thanks!