the subdomain change

Pseudo

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 26, 2008
I noticed that the forums are now at the subdomain forums.tf2maps.net when they used to be at the top level domain. Is there any particular reason for this change? Any post that linked to another thread in the forum now has broken links. All of the links to files in the Downloads section are broken. I would suggest implementing some kind of redirect script to deal with this problem. Also, many of the links on the front page need to be changed.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Since this change (assuming this was why the forum was down a few moments ago) the forum doesn't seem to be registering any of the threads i've looked at as 'read' :S

xgloryx

L1: Registered
Feb 26, 2008
I have sent dp info on how to fix both of these issues (redirecting old links and having the cookie valid across the both domains). Next time he is around I'm sure he'll take care of it :)

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
I noticed that the forums are now at the subdomain forums.tf2maps.net when they used to be at the top level domain. Is there any particular reason for this change? Any post that linked to another thread in the forum now has broken links. All of the links to files in the Downloads section are broken. I would suggest implementing some kind of redirect script to deal with this problem. Also, many of the links on the front page need to be changed.

me and xgloryx are working to allow all old links to redirect to the forums subdomain.

its a tedious task with some trial and error.

reason for the subdomain is im trying to cleanup the main directory to allow for some site expansions coming up soon.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Update:

Downloads are working again.
All old links should now function and redirect correctly. (thank you xgloryx)

Still need to fix cookie issue on main page to allow you to login/logoff.

Other than that, we are good to go.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Weren't the forums originally a subdomain? I'm positive this is the second time I've had to change my bookmarks, and I'm pretty sure the last time was due to domain stuff too.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Weren't the forums originally a subdomain? I'm positive this is the second time I've had to change my bookmarks, and I'm pretty sure the last time was due to domain stuff too.

you're right. it was a subdomain from the beginning. the change was made due to the software being used not being a ble to track user cookies right.

now, its been update and its good. also, i decided to move some stuff around to clear some space for some features were going to be rolling out in a few months :)