1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

The pre-Steam Summer Event/Sale thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The Political Gamer, Jun 29, 2011.

1. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Yep, Steam's holding a Summer Sale again, and guess what? They and assorted game developers are doing essentially the Summer Potato ARG. Except less ARG and more achievements. When does it all start? 30th of June.

[highlight][citation needed][/highlight]

Easy bucko! First off, we have a number of new achievements added to seemingly random games on Steam, which you can read more about here. Then, we have the Killing Floor Summer Circus Sideshow Event Thingy. Which starts on the 30th.

Thirdly, we have the new Team Fortress 2 crate added to the game - the Refreshing Summer Cooler(oolalala.) Added just yesterday, it is much like the Festive Winter Crates that sparked so much controversy last Christmas. Except SUMMER! Woo! [​IMG] The crates expire July 11th, so we should be getting SOMETHING before then.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. Nitram

Nitram L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Two words: Love it.

3. REEJ

REEJ L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Not playing any of these games

4. Penguin

aa Penguin Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome

Positive Ratings:
    Can't wait for sweet deals on games no one wants.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. Mr. Wimples

Mr. Wimples L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Welp, I've already got a few of those and do plan on buying Lead and Gold eventually. As long as it works something like; Crates randomly drop and achievements net you keys for them. May be fun as long as not too many crates drop :T

Nor will I unless I had them or planned on buying them already, but I do highly recommend MNC, it deserves a lot more attention than it's been getting lately.

6. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Positive Ratings:
    I didn't really care for the last ARG, to be honest. I just wanted them to cater partly to people who don't have that much time dedicated to playing.

As for the games, I'm probably not going to buy any of them unless I was originally planning on buying them or already have them.

7. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    same sentiment here. just dont see anything worth playing, imo.

8. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    So is this going to be a smaller event than last summer's sale? Because they actually had sales on AAA titles that time.

9. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
  10. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    If anyone has any doubts about it being tomorrow.

Here's something from the Men of War Assault Squad patch notes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Loc_n_lol

Loc_n_lol L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I have lead and gold but the achievements listed seem... well, basically inachievable. Except by farming them of course.

12. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    I have a wishlist building up for the last month or so just for this occasion! :D

13. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    My wishlist is 15 games deep... and my wallet is (sadly) not as deep... well.. it is deep, but I'm very restrictive with my money.

14. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

I really liked that game, but it was hard to find servers with good ping and people who didn't ragequit every time they died.