The Order of the Hammer

Dec 25, 2007
Ever played [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thief:_The_Dark_Project]Thief[/ame]? One of the factions in it is The Order of the Hammer, and there's some nice quotes from the game that can be amusingly mis-applied to the map editor we all use. I particularly like this one:

“The Hammer is the most blessed of all the Builder's works: ’Tis both a tool for building, and a weapon against thy foes.”

How do you use The Hammer as a weapon against your foes, you ask? You carve them! :p

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Wayyyy ahead of ya. I had whole swaths of the most essential sermons and precepts translated for today's hip wrench-wielding audience...

Or I would be if the Steam forums didn't purge threads. :angry:

Seek thou not blood from the dispenser, but only from thine enemies. And if they bleedeth sappers, then seek it doubly so.

And then came the Builder to the workbench of the engineer, and watched He and listened. Didst then the engineer put an nut upon his Sentry, and lift his wrench, and didst then the Builder breathe upon the nut, that it became gold.

Then didst the engineer cry out 'What hath become of my good and fine iron? How canst I forge a sentry, or a dispenser? This hath much worth, but no worthiness.'

And didst then the Builder breathe upon the engineer, that he lay down his wrench and his body, and didst come to spectate by the right hand of the Builder for all time.

Last edited: