The Most Recursive Thread Ever.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jamini, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Jamini

Jamini L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Today I found the most fascinating thing ever on this forum, it was a thread that showcased the most awesome recursion ever. Follow this [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?p=112236"]link [/ame]here for details!

Do you have any funny stories involving recursion? Come share them! We'd love to hear them over and over again.

2. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    No, this is fail. Awhile back... maybe... 4-5 (6?!) years? There was an epic recursive thread on the internet, note I said internet, not forum. It talked about how cool "this" was and directed you to a link, which was on another forum, same thing, worded differently. It stretched across a multitude of forums, probably over a hundred, just kept on going.

It was the single most awesome unplanned, collaborative, cross-community, cross-demographic, confusion stunt ever.

edit: upon further recollection, I believe the premise was "how to occupy an idiot"

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  3. Shoomonger

Shoomonger L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I used to use [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?p=112236"]this one[/ame] to trick people who made threads about the most awesome recursive thread ever.

4. zpqrei

aa zpqrei Theme Changer Extraordinaire

Positive Ratings:
    And so it began, the epic struggle between the good and the idiots on the internet.

5. FlavorRage

FlavorRage L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    What's really amazing is this link.

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  6. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    LOL Theses are the best links on the hole internet.

7. martijntje

martijntje L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    serously, do you know what recursion is?

Cn+1 = F(Cn) where F(Cn) != Cn+1
    wich will end with a Cn such that Cn= F(Cn)

learn some math.

(don't take me too serious as this thread wasn't really supposed to be serious)

8. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    Way ahead of you there, buddy. My signature links to other posts I've made... which have my signature. I see your *cough* "recursion" *cough* and raise you a directed graph with multiple cyclic relationships. :p

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  9. jpr

aa jpr

Positive Ratings:
    [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?p=112236"]already a thread[/ame]

...okay fine it was never funny