1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

The Monkey has landed

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by automatedmonkey, May 6, 2009.

1. automatedmonkey

automatedmonkey L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello TF2MAPS.net.

I found this site looking for a good place to learn about mapping. Here is a little background on me.

I'm 34, married with 2 kids. I work as a building automation technician in the Washington D.C. area.

I have played pretty much all FPS games since Wolfenstein 3d. I remember playing Doom, and games even older than that. My most recent addiction being Team Fortress 2. I loved the original, and find myself loving the new version even more.

I have been using photoshop for about 5 yrs. I have a little side thing going creating website banners/graphics, and pretty much anything else around. If you need some help just give me a shout.

I have been wanting to get into Hammer for awhile now, but small kids and a busy work life keep me at bay. So, I'm here to learn. I have already drawn a map out with google sketchup that I'm going to start porting over to Hammer soon.

I'll post some screenshots of it when I get the chance.

That's about it. See you guys/gals on the boards!

Automated.

2. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    Hey there!

Welcome to our little corner of the web, and feel free to look around and dont be afraid to ask.

We also have a steam chatroom for even faster Q&A.

3. eerieone

aa eerieone

Positive Ratings:
    eyo! welcome :)

4. automatedmonkey

automatedmonkey L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks guys. I'm a little slow at work today, so I'm busy reading mapping tutorials right now.