The moment you've all been waiting for....

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Armadillo of Doom, May 26, 2009.

1. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    Is almost here :p I am speaking of course, about the third annual TF2M mapping contest. It is going to be, without a doubt, the biggest and most bad-ass thing this community has ever done. Authors can choose from 2 game modes, one of which is completely custom and brand-new. Not only that, but we have some serious prizes for you guys. How does a copy of the hit cult game Plants vs. Zombies sound? Perhaps you'd like a t-shirt from the Valve store, or your own gaming server? And those are just a few examples ;) I am putting out a general order to all community members; "pimp the heck out of this", lol. Tell your friends, and brag about it on every forum that you visit. TF2Maps.net is holding it's biggest contest ever. Yes, the same TF2M that brought you those amazing payload maps, got mentioned in the national publication PC Gamer Magazine, and had multiple interviews with a mapper from the Valve team.

And to celebrate this occasion, we are offering a limited-time subscription special. You can get a taste of the vip treatment for only $1. That's right, for less than the cost of a Sandvich, you can get picture+blog access, full text search on all forums, larger avatars, and so much more! Most importantly however, you get access to our direct upload service. No more waiting for Gamedays to test your map, you can add them directly to our server. All of our donors also get moderator powers on the server, so all you have to do is grab a few friends and change the map. Then you can fine-tune your hard work as often as you'd like! :thumbup: I've taken the liberty of writing a brief faq on how our payment system actually works; PayPal FAQ

Remember that a community is only as good as it's members. This event is going to be huge w/ a capital 'H', but only because you make it so. Tell everyone you know that the biggest name in custom TF2 is holding a contest all Summer long, with amazing prizes :) And if you think this community is a good resource for Team Fortress 2, consider lending your support.

• Thanks Thanks x 28
    Last edited: May 26, 2009
  2. RichT

RichT L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    o_O mind = blown

3. zpqrei

aa zpqrei Theme Changer Extraordinaire

Positive Ratings:
  4. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    Nice, I can't wait for the contest! :)

I'm definitely going to participate this time. I don't even know why I didn't do it last time.

5. tovilovan

tovilovan L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
  6. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    I like the concept of choosing from 2 gamemodes...the ridiculous number of payload maps from the last contest was a little draining to test <_<

And I still hope one of the gamemodes is attack and defend...it really needs some love...as illustrated by http://forums.tf2maps.net/showpost.php?p=69455&postcount=6

7. Mick-a-nator

aa Mick-a-nator

Positive Ratings:
    Hmmmm I might see if I have the guts to participate! Although, I must warn you, the result will suck...:p

8. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Just in time for summer!

9. sodalish

sodalish L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'd buy that for a dollar! No seriously I will!

10. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    More like purposely planned to be over the summer :p

11. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Awww when I read the title I thought you'd done something spectacularly embarassing to DP :(

12. Armadillo of Doom

Positive Ratings:
    We could still do that. What did you have in mind?

13. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    Ha, he's already been stabbed in the back however.. I'm all for something more =p

14. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    ban

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  15. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    A fantastic idea! I totally agree, lets ban DP :p

16. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    !! And ill change the knife in his Avatars back to a for sale sign!, and we can start interviewing right away!

17. zpqrei

aa zpqrei Theme Changer Extraordinaire

Positive Ratings:
    Oooh! Oooh! Me first!

18. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    ive been trying to find a sweet jarate pic to replace my av, but my hunt has been unsuccessful.

19. HojoTheGreat

HojoTheGreat L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Aaaand damn, I'm away all summer and was looking forward to the next contest :(. I reaaaaally wanted a shot at one of those new, badass Spy shirts.

20. Armadillo of Doom

Positive Ratings:
    What the heck are you doing that keeps you away for the entire Summer? :( I also love how the moderators have now single-handedly derailed this thread :p