The KOTH point unlock voice lines and how to fix them.

catfish

L1: Registered
Jan 18, 2015
KOTH maps are supposed to have a countdown timer 5 seconds before the point unlocks. A number is shown on the HUD and the announcer has voicelines to indicate this as well. These are commonly broken in custom maps due to a very stupid bug.
Because of Source spaghetti I am not going to go into detail about, if your tf_logic_koth is placed into the map before your team_control_point entity, this countdown breaks.
To fix, simply delete and replace the tf_logic_koth. The countdown will magically be back.

FateFighter

L1: Registered
Dec 26, 2022
KOTH maps are supposed to have a countdown timer 5 seconds before the point unlocks. A number is shown on the HUD and the announcer has voicelines to indicate this as well. These are commonly broken in custom maps due to a very stupid bug.
Because of Source spaghetti I am not going to go into detail about, if your tf_logic_koth is placed into the map before your team_control_point entity, this countdown breaks.
To fix, simply delete and replace the tf_logic_koth. The countdown will magically be back.
Where exactly should I put it so that the control point is always good?