The invisible moving wall bug

Oct 6, 2008
ok everything works fine in my map except:

But when I'm in game there's this thing that's invisible and solid - no entity firing (did ent_fire prop_dynamic) and no geometry (mat_wireframe 3) however it's got something to do with my cart as it's the exact same size as the cart and it moves around the map with the cart so it's got something to do with the cart but I can't figure it out.

Is the map remap supposed to travel around with the cart? because it's not.

is there some way I can force everything to show up including hidden stuff to see If I can identify the issue?

Oct 6, 2008
ok - I was able to show the triggers in game and have determined that it's not my payload cart triggers - nor is it my hidden payload cart that becomes active later in the game (I enable it for the debugging and it appear exactly onto of the regular cart as it should.

Perhaps if you loaded my map it would help toy figure out what I'm experience and hopefully help you help me :)

http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=5127

Start up the map>go red team(so you can't push cart)>run to custom payload cart at blue start (it's under the drop down opening in case you have trouble finding it)

because it's invisible

stand at the front of the cart, look down the tracks, then look slightly to the left to see the shack and the rock immediately in front of the cart - the invisible item is in front of that rock on your left almost between the rock and the shack path.

If you could help me figure out what it is or the cause I would be extremely grateful :)

Oct 6, 2008
OK - I have been able to determine this

- it's the train entity causing the solid invisible wall to occur

What seems to be happening is at the round start the payload an all the entities move to the fist stop target but it's leaving something (what I don't know) but it's like it's making a ghost of itsself away from the cart

Oct 6, 2008
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH - I HAVE LOOKED AT FOR HOURS NOW AND JUST KEEP MISSING IT!

Will try it out as soone as I get home!

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU

Double checked it - everything looks good unless I'm blind - will post screenshots my set up in a sec

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2008
Didn't work - Here's my set up
zone.jpg

dispense.jpg

hurt.jpg

train.jpg

empty.jpg

full.jpg

constraint.jpg

I'm changing the payload which is why you see 2 styles of payload there

Do you need to see the math remap info?

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2008
thanks for the help - I seem to have figured it out and it's the weirdest thing ever

I'm using 2 custom models cart_empty cart_full - I had the physics properties in the collisions drop down to use the model's Physics.

For some reason when the cart moved to the 1st stop target the physics properties of the model stayed in the same place even though the model itsself moved.

Now that I have made the models non-solid it seems to be working fine.

Edit Forgot to mention:

A big thank you goes to MangyCarface - I finally figured out what he meant by his "collision hull" part of his message - he meant the collisions box above - but the two items didn't click in until much later

Last edited: