The gpu overheat thread

Apr 14, 2013
After discovering we don't have one of those, I proudly present the graphics card overheating thread, aka the "I'm not taking drugs" thread.

Hello, I'm taka and my graphics card sucks.

meltdown006_zps2ce577c2.png

meltdown001_zpsc97132b2.png

meltdown002_zpsb4cb3ddf.png

meltdown003_zps1128dddf.png

meltdown004_zpscf6f2e67.png

meltdown005_zpsc17dfc97.png

whatcompilingdoes_zps9ed6bb11.png

Dr. Sasha

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 5, 2013
I think the computer had a stroke.

Wait no, just running Unreal 4 on Atom processor

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2013
IDK, I have got a stock pc, but all hardware except of the gpu are just fine for me for running standard programs, playing source games, compiling, and doing almost anything I was doing, unrelated to hammer. Mainly using hammer intensively for more than an hour or two, or texturing, was causing problems. (And apparently running the game "loadout" is impossible (black screen) as well, but they don't support older gpu's)

I opened and cleaned my computer a few months ago, and it was really clean. Should I do it again?
Computer got two vents, but I am no expert so I have no idea if it's enough. Anyway, nothing is blocking the ventilation (no walls or wood are in the way)

btw the gpu is Intel hd graphics card w/ approximately 1275 mb, and still works fine (most of the time)

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
btw the gpu is Intel hd graphics card w/ approximately 1275 mb, and still works fine (most of the time)

Get a dedicated graphics card with an aftermarket cooler :p

Can't really do much in a stock built PC. Especially if you don't have a dedicated card, they're not designed to cool intensive work. You'd be better off building a custom PC than trying to make your current one have better cooling.