The Frontline! Community Project - 1.2 IS LIVE!

Infomaniac

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 29, 2015
Nah mate, VNN is slower than darkness itself

Aug 30, 2015
Valve News Network is slower than Valve itself GABEN RELEASE HL3 PLZ LOOOOOOOL #HL3 #MEMES #Topical Humor

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
#Topical Humor

More like...

WS2ckbe.png

...Tropical humor.

Clockwork Giant

L1: Registered
Dec 8, 2016
Hello everyone, I'm new to map making but decided to try it when I learned about frontline a few days ago. Is anyone working on a pacific island style map?

Tuaam

Jun 26, 2015
Hello everyone, I'm new to map making but decided to try it when I learned about frontline a few days ago. Is anyone working on a pacific island style map?
Nobody that I can think of.

You should make a pacific - style map, because I rarely see it and there's plenty of assets to be used for it.

Tuaam

Jun 26, 2015
You guys know if blimps are walkable on?

Narpas

Takes way to long to make and update maps
aa
Jun 11, 2015
If not, you can always put a blockbullets brush around it.

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
You guys know if blimps are walkable on?
According to this... yes.
CwWsPrF.gif

For reals; if they have a collision mesh then yeah, if not you can make one with block bullets brushes.

If you mean moving blimps, I'd say no, as giant moving objects like that act really weird with players.

Last edited:

Tuaam

Jun 26, 2015
According to this... yes.
CwWsPrF.gif

For reals; if they have a collision mesh then yeah, if not you can make one with block bullets brushes.

If you mean moving blimps, I'd say no, as giant loving objects like that act really weird with players.

Oh so then let's make an arena map with 2 blimps stationed one next to the other in the sky and the very bottom is the ocean and the players spawn on their respective blimps and if you shoot up the enemy's blimp enough it explodes.

And the players duke it out and there's small crates and objects on each blimp for people to take cover it's gonna be so cool. And then maybe add gangplanks / ropes which connect both blimps together and maybe make it so that the water in the 3d skybox is moving.

Clockwork Giant

Dec 8, 2016
Oh so then let's make an arena map with 2 blimps stationed one next to the other in the sky and the very bottom is the ocean and the players spawn on their respective blimps and if you shoot up the enemy's blimp enough it explodes.

And the players duke it out and there's small crates and objects on each blimp for people to take cover it's gonna be so cool. And then maybe add gangplanks / ropes which connect both blimps together and maybe make it so that the water in the 3d skybox is moving.
I absolutely love this idea, but how are you going to make spawn rooms?

PigeonVerde

Aug 6, 2016
So I decided to give another shot at my map, koth_iglesia, now with 80% more dev textures and totaly reworked layout!

At least I learned from last time that it's not a great idea to go full overboard with details and hope the map works as it is (despite I kinda recycled some parts and added some texture left and right this time).

Also I will soon™ upload the map and the custom glass texture i made for the church so stay tuned!

BigfootBeto

Party Time 2.0!
aa
Jun 8, 2016
Suggestion: I've noticed that the warhawk plane prop has animations, except the skybox version does not. Actually, all of the other planes do not have animations. My suggestion is to add animations to all the planes, or at least port the warhawk one to the skybox version. Also there's a warhawk_skybox_air.mdl, but not regular sized warhawk_air.mdl? Regarding the animations for the other planes, the boeing_b17 does have an air version, except it's just a texture over the propellers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but afaik that texture isn't animated. Overall, it just looks silly having frozen flying planes (almost like this).

Edit: I also noticed the prop_fighter_planes in the SFM trailer are animated, but the actual prop in the pack is not...

Last edited:

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
Edit: I also noticed the prop_fighter_planes in the SFM trailer are animated, but the actual prop in the pack is not...
I think that's from the prop itself having a bone to control the propeller (which was animated then in SFM), and there's no preset animation to use in TF2 with it.

BigfootBeto

Party Time 2.0!
aa
Jun 8, 2016
I think that's from the prop itself having a bone to control the propeller

Yeah probably, but that still raises the question why that animation wasn't included.