The elegant theory

martijntje

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Aug 2, 2009
Surfing around youtube, I found this quite interesting show, called the elegant universe, wich explains the general idea of einsteins general theory of relativity, quantom theory and string theory. It seems to be made for the average joe, so you might think it has be dumbed down too much, but it will be still a nice watch.

Beware that thinking in more than 4 spacial dimensions may cause self-implosion in the fifth dimension.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=F0E4651FBF0FB34F"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
beware that it takes 3 hours and is full of repeating segments and way too much metaphores, wich is really annoying.
I'd advise to at least skip parts: 1, 7, 8, 9, first part of 14, and probably more, read the comments to find how useful the part is.

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
String theory, while interesting, cannot truly be proved or disproved. While this video is very informative, I feel that the standard model is more robust and dependable than string theory (despite being not entirely complete).