The Carving

Drexer

L2: Junior Member
Jun 23, 2009
The idea for this came out of yesterday's late night(late night for the European players that is) on the US server, where while testing various maps, someone said something along the lines of "You should carve this bit out of this wall here"

Of course by that it wasn't meant to use the carve tool, but the first instant reaction of pretty much everyone was "What? Carve? Talking about that? Here? Heretic!" This led to my mind wandering for a bit, considering how 'carving' is the mappping taboo witha reason, like a curse... and then my mind wandered even further into thinking how close this was to a Stephen King novel idea so... here:

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I laughed so hard.
I love the quote from Valve.

Looking forward to the entire movie or at least the trailer. If you actually act it out with some cheesy music and visuals, you win the game.

Caliostro

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 6, 2009
RAAAAAGEface.gif

Drexer

Jun 23, 2009
I laughed so hard.
I love the quote from Valve.

Looking forward to the entire movie or at least the trailer. If you actually act it out with some cheesy music and visuals, you win the game.

Actually I meant it as a book, but now that I spent some time thinking about how the story would develop, I have an urge to start writing it. :p

Perhaps I'll write and post the first chapter and then wait for opinions if I should continue or not.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
/me approves

ratclaw

Feb 2, 2009
Spending more time hanging out than working on a game? I think I've heard this one before *cough* Romero *cough*

Yet there's no story like this on it.

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
Why must you contribute to the endless delays of episode 3?! Between gabe newell womanising, fighting protesters and getting kidnapped by characters from megaman, all have lost hope.

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
Why must you contribute to the endless delays of episode 3?! Between gabe newell womanising, fighting protesters and getting kidnapped by characters from megaman, all have lost hope.

I was about to ask "how the hell can he womanise when he weighs that much", then I remembered that he's Gabe Newell, and he works for (he IS) Valve.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Yes. Yes.

This is delicious!