the black/pink checker problem.

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
I want to discuss a problem I've encountered today.

after using my trusty buildcubemaps, I noticed there was still some checker of death on some reflexion. after looking a bit closer into this, I figured out these checker were reflections of other reflective materials. a window reflecting an other window in this case, the reflected window had checkers on it while the actual one was looking fine.

I started looking around for some solution and guess what! running the buildcubemaps a second time did the trick!

it kinda feels wrong tho. feels like I'm forcing my way into this. is there really no other solution than having 2 iteration of buildcubemaps?

because loading the map, building cubemaps, reloading the map, building cubemaps again and reload is a pain in the ass imo

TracerDX

L3: Member
Jun 9, 2009
mat_specular 0 before you build cubemaps. This disables the "purple and black" cubemaps before taking all the screenshots to build new ones.

Doing it a second time diluted the "purple and black" out, but its still there in trace amounts.

TracerDX

L3: Member
Jun 9, 2009
It took me awhile to figure out myself. :blushing: I was doing 4 times to bleed out as much as I could in very shiny areas.

III_Demon

L2: Junior Member
Sep 28, 2008
the right way to do it, really, would be to kill specular and then run it twice anyway. its a little anal, but building cubemaps is so easy, why not?