The absolute best Orange box review ever.

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by ryodoan, Dec 28, 2007.

1. ryodoan

ryodoan Resident Bum

Positive Ratings:
    Ok, so this has been out there for a bit and has made the rounds of the internet a few times but I was going through some old bookmarks today and realized that some people on here might not have seen it.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...ctuation/2541-Zero-Punctuation-The-Orange-Box

Its the Zero Punctuation Yahtzee review. If you have not seen any of Zero Punctuations video reviews he is a cynical Brit living in Australia who talks really fast and uses cheap animations to make his points. These things combine to make a pretty hilarious video review (watch his Halo 3 review, its even better)

2. Intraman

Intraman L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    "Ask about our dystopian future intern program" Someone needs to make that a decal heh.

3. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    lol that sawesome.

4. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    i really like his HALO 3 *which i thought the game was garbage* and Bioshock *which i thought the game was garbage* So both reviews right on. =)

5. ryodoan

ryodoan Resident Bum

Positive Ratings:
    I just really like how he does not bow to the mainstream hype in either direction.

While he doesnt say he hates Halo 3, he does say he does not see what all the hype is about because its just your standard FPS, an average game. He also mentions both the positives and negatives about bioshock and settings with an average rating for it as well.

The part I really liked was how Assassins creed was getting slammed left and right by all the other reviewers but he still gave it a fair review.

6. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    the Assassins Creed review had me rolling. I love the part about the knuckle Sandwiches

7. Snipergen

Snipergen L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    bioshock is a beauty :(

8. Kev_Boy

Kev_Boy Guest

Positive Ratings:
    I can see why it's gotten so popular, it's retarded. The simple notion that he can't find any flaws with Portal... :lol:

9. ryodoan

ryodoan Resident Bum

Positive Ratings:
    Kev, I think you are the only person I have met who did not like Portal...

10. Kev_Boy

Kev_Boy Guest

Positive Ratings:
    No... it's not like I don't like Portal, it was a fun game but I don't understand why it's being so evangelized.

11. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    its pretty revolutionary imo.

12. Gonzales

Gonzales Guest

Positive Ratings:
    Portal was brilliant. The puzzle mechanic was flawless, and the GLadDOS was absolutely hilarious.

And yeah, Yahtzee's Zero Punction reviews are great, I'm pretty sure I've watched (and laughed at) every single one of them. Good stuff.

13. Dox

Dox L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    All who attack the world of the the Companion Cube (may thy name be ring eternal) Shall face the Wrath of the Companion Cube (may thy name be ring eternal).

14. ryodoan

ryodoan Resident Bum

Positive Ratings:
    There are several reasons I think that Portal deserves its 10/10 rating:
    1. Great writing.
      • The game has hilarious monologue from the computer while also maintaining an unsettlingly atmosphere that kept me looking nervously around corners. The humor is both light and menacing at the same time.
    2. Hard but solvable obstacles that left me with a feeling of accomplishment.
    3. A new gameplay dynamic with the portals.
      • I really liked the idea of the portals. It was something that no other mainstream game has used and Valve implemented it perfectly.
    The only strike against it in my opinion was the fact that I beat it in just over 3 hours, but then after beating it it opens up the extra bonus levels and I really enjoyed the speed challenges.

P.S. Dox, you killed your companion cube... :(

15. TheBladeRoden

TheBladeRoden L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    *gets out his stabby knife"

16. Intraman

Positive Ratings:
    4. Mike Patton does the "voice" of the angry eye.

17. MacNetron

MacNetron L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    You make it sound like that I should know who Mike Patton is...

18. Intraman

Positive Ratings:
    If you have any sort of appreciation for music, particularly for rock, you should.

19. TheBladeRoden

TheBladeRoden L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I know who Patton Oswald is

20. [SKC]S3r3nad3

[SKC]S3r3nad3 Guest

Positive Ratings:
    It's funny how close on he is.

And the mass effect bit is hilarious!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2008